When: 10/10 – 10/31/17
Where we stayed:
- Nehalem Bay State Park in Nehalem. On the Oregon coast and near Manzanita. Great park with access to a beautiful beach.
- Clackamette RV Park in Oregon City. 25 minutes from Portland. Riverfront muddy site with lots of ducks.
Barton Park in Boring. Best town name!!! Very nice park but bad showers.
- Joseph H. Stewart State Recreation in Prospect. Very nice, large site and able to hang up the hammock. Trails throughout the park and near a lake.
- Jack’s Landing RV Resort in Grants Pass. Nice place but very close sites. Full hookup, a bit pricey but good location in town and near the highway.
Who we met:
Our timing was perfect to celebrate Uncle Ralph’s 96th birthday. It was great to see him, Aunt Mae, and cousin Dolly. We enjoyed carrot cake while reminiscing and catching up.
Spent additional days with Dolly, walking through the Portland Japanese Garden and Washington Park. We enjoyed dinner at an Italian restaurant, had beer, brats, and pizza at her place, and one night we cooked for her in our motorhome. We had a wonderful time with you Dolly! Thanks for everything.
On Lisa’s birthday, we met up with Danielle and Robin, who live in South Portland. They are great tour guides and showed us all around the Columbia River Gorge area. Saw the Oxbow Fish Hatchery, had ice cream at East Wind Drive-in, went to a state park, had two beer samplers at Full Sail Brewing Company. Then we went back to their house to meet their two standard poodles (Lee-Loo and Goliath, both adorable) and finished up with a delicious dinner at Redwood Restaurant. What a fun-filled day! Thanks for showing us around, Danielle and Robin … it was great seeing you again!
Where we ate:
Mexican food at Wood Village Burrito Shop
Watched Yankee game and had pizza at Pioneer Pizza
Ice cream at Salt and Straw
- Burgers at Becky’s
Portland food trucks
Birthday dinner at Redwood Restaurant
What we did:
- Manzanita town and beach. Lisa went to a yoga class at Yoga Roots Studio.
- Rooster Rock State Park and Silver Falls State Park
- Portland Japanese Garden, Powells bookstore, Portland Art Museum, Forest Park to see Stone House, Washington Park, and Voodoo donuts.
- Mt. Hood and lodge
- Blockbuster in Boring
- Halloween Town in St. Helens
- Crater Lake National Park
- Trick or Treat’ing at Grants Pass
The rainy season began at the end of October in Oregon so we are heading south to California in hopes for warmer weather.